[ic] FATAL 1: my bits moved right off the end of the world!

Greg Goble interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 05:24:01 2002

Greg Goble writes:

> Vrs,: IC 4.8
>
> I'm getting this message when adding information to my
> products through the
> Admin window.
>
> Can anyone tell me why, because the 'probable meaning' doesn't help?
>
> =====================================
> Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action.
> Please report the
> error or try again later. (DBD::Pg::st execute failed: FATAL
> 1: my bits
> moved right off the end of the world! Recreate index
> products_description.
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. This
> probably means
> the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing
> the request. )
> =====================================
>
> Thanks, Greg

Greg writes again:

Let me add some more observations to this error. It only seems to appear
when I try to insert too much text in my description. However, I've inserted
the same text into another sku and it had no problem, but that appeared
to be 1:100.
Here's the line in my products.pgsql
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "description=TEXT"
So, if I'm correct, I've NOT limited the amount of text to be inserted by
using 'VARCHAR(64)'

Puzzled????
TX, Greg