[ic] Specify the URL to append before the product sku?

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 17:43:32 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Stefan Hornburg
(Racke)

> "Ron Phipps" <rphipps@reliant-solutions.com> writes:
>
> > I'd like to be able to call a url like the following:
> > http://wwww.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/yourstore/products/00001.html and
> > have IC generate the product page based on the flypage like it does
> > normally.  The only difference being that all products would be
pulled
> > up in the products directory and not from the base pages directory.
Is
> > there a configuration directive to do such a thing?  The reason for
this
> > is we are going to use a search product which allows for parts of
the
> > site to be part of a group based on matching on the url.  We'd like
> > have product grouping, information grouping, company information,
etc.

> I don't really understand what the heck you are going to do, but
> ActionMap might worth a try:

The 3rd party spider program can group search results based on the url.
For example I could group products together by having the products in a
sub folder called products:

www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/yourstore/products/*

And I could have information pages grouped together by putting them in a
folder called info:

www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/yourstore/info/*

And so on.

> ActionMap products <<EOR
> sub {
>     my ($action, $product) = split('/', shift);
>
>     $product =~ s/\.html$//;
>
>     $CGI->{mv_nextpage} = 'flypage'; # or whatever your flypage is
>     $CGI->{mv_arg} = $product;
>     return 1;
> }
>
> Ciao
>         Racke

Thanks for the example Racke, I think I'll see if the search engine can
group the pages using meta tags instead of url's as it seems this is
more trouble then it's worth.

-Ron