[ic] how and where .. One last problem with gdbm and can notcreate even though products is mode 777 SOLUTION was to edit Config.pminthe perl Library.

Boyd Lynn Gerber interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Apr 13 14:50:01 2002

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > > Do you have a patch you could post?  I can't say that I understand
> > > your solution.  The code (or an example) will help.
> > >
> > > Its good that you got it going anyway.  Well done.
> > >
> > Below is a patch -c with my email address change.
> >
> > Patch with lots of changes along the lines of...
> >     ! installarchlib='/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux'
> >     ! installarchlib='/linux/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux'
> > ...snipped
> >
> Ok.  I see what you've done then.
>
> Would it not have been easier to simply install Perl under
> /usr/local rather than in /linux/usr/local?  Or perhaps you
> could have set up a couple of symbolic links.
>
> Doing it your way will force you to make the same changes every
> time you upgrade to a new Interchange version.
>
> Never mind.  As long as it works.

What I am trying to do is be able to run in two different modes.  Normal
and LKP(Linux Kernel Personality).  The code I need to be able to run does
not exist for my OS (OpenUNIX 8).  I have interchange had interchange
runing in in Normal mode with my catalogs.  My Card Card Software was
available for linux and when I typed linux I could run it and the linux
version of perl.  What I needed to do was have interchange run in LKP mode
and communicate with the Normal mode.  These patches allowed interchange
to be called from Normal mode but in in LKP mode.  What I have to do a

-----------------interchange-local-----------------------------
PREFIX=/linux/usr/local/interchange.new \
INSTALLSCRIPT=/linux/usr/local/interchange.new/bin \
INSTALLBIN=/linux/usr/local/interchange.new/bin \
INSTALLMAN1DIR=/linux/usr/local/man \
INSTALLMAN3DIR=/linux/usr/local/man/man3

/linux/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL `cat interchange-local`
make
make install

and then everything works so it is not as bad as you make it sound.  The
Config.pm file is the Config.pm for the linux version of perl.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044