[IC] Debian Install problems

John Foster interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Apr 14 01:35:01 2002

"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" wrote:

> John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am trying out the Debian installation. It seems to have installed
> > properly but I am getting the following error when I try to log in.
> >
> > Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/demo3
> >
> > error.log calls it a cgi mapping error.
> > I mainly did a plain vanilla install using the defaults (woody box)
> > except for using an existing system user to admin IC rather than the
> > default of interchange. Anyone else using this system? Any tips?? Thanks
>
> Have you added the catalog to /etc/interchange/catalogs.cfg and
> restarted ?
>
> Ciao
>         Racke
Thanks for the reply Stefan. I did add the catalog as is required.
Thanks, and please send any other ideas as I have tried 3 times this
week to get the Debian install to work. BTW the tarball works fine so I
am certain I am doing something incorrectly. I really want to get the
Debian system to work as I install it on every system that I sell, If I
can convince the customer to try it:-) It is the simplest for me to
manage remotely and easiest to upgrade. I am trying to weld 3 software
packages together with a common database structure, as a complete
turnkey business environment that is easy to upgrade and manage for
"non-computer-oriented" retail managers to use. This is the last hurdle
as I already have it working using the tarball. Again thanks!!
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems

Specializing in multi-processor based business software environments!