[ic] How to disable an item?

Steve Palm interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 15:58:49 2002

> > How do I disable an item so that it is still in the product
> > database but not visible to the customer?
>
>I think there is an inactive column in the products db. I *think it works

 We're setting up a small book store using Interchange.  When our titles go out of stock, we may or may not reprint them based on demand.  So, I wanted the items to still show up, but not allow orders for them.

I couldn't find a "standard" way to do this, so I ended up putting in some ITL tags/code in the flypage/results/etc pages to check stock and show the "order" button conditionally.

Thanks to whoever added the "notify when available" stuff, and those who contributed code in the archives for handling this.  That way, we can gauge feedback for various out of print titles and decide what to reprint, and if we do, notify anyone interested.

--
Steven Palm