[ic] How do I change the text layout of the product display page

Jeanette Yip interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 19:08:00 2002

I am using IC 4.8.3 and building a catalog off of the tools demo.
I am running into a problem where my customer does not like the text layout
of product description. How do I change that? I know it varies based on the
image size but how can I utilize more of the spaces available?

For example, currently if the width of the image takes up 1/2 of the column
space, the text will only have 1/2 of the column space to display,
widthwise. There's lots of white space wasted, (i.e. the row space that
comes after the picture) that can be also used to display product
description if it's long.

I'm going to give a pictoral view if possible. This may look familiar since
my partner already submitted this question and got no answer.

    | Company Logo                                            |
    |  Menu bar along the top                                 |
    |        |                      |                         |
    |prodcut |                      |                         |
    | (left )|                      |                         |
    |  menu  |      prodcut image   |   product               |
    |        |                      |    text                 |
    |        | end of product image |                         |
    |        | white space wasted   |                         |
    |        |                      | end of text             |