[ic] interchanging data between page and include

Tim Böckers interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 16 17:47:01 2002

> > You could do one of two things:
> >
> >     1) Move the [fly-list] tag into the included file.
> >
> >     2) Don't use [include].  Read the file into a variable in
> >        catalog.cfg and use __MYTEMPLATE__ on the page instead.
> >        (I think that'll work).  In catalog.cfg:
> >
> >            Variable MYTEMPLATE <templates/mytemplate
>
> In my continuing quest for TIMTOWTDI:
>
>     3)
>         [fly-list interpolate=1 code="[data session arg]"]
>         [file templates/mytemplate]
>         [/fly-list]
>
> Since [file ...] doesn't reparse, the tags will be put in for dealing
> with [fly-list], then reparsed on its output.
OK, finally found the time to get back onto Interchange and after a while of
fiddling decided on Ken's solution.
So, if you want objects, or pieces of code to achieve the object-orientation
of Zope and the likes:
include
Dirconfig Variable my/object/dir
in the catalogue config where my/object/dir contains
FOO
which you then call as
__FOO__ from within your page.

Thank you Ken and Mike for your attention and help.
Tim