[ic] more list within loop list

Tim Böckers interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 14:49:00 2002

> Although the matchlimit will work on a [loop list], the more=1
> will not.  As far as I can tell, there is no real reason why
> that behaviour should be changed except, perhaps, to ignore
> the more=1 parameter altogether.

Thanks for your help everybody.
Seems I was trying to do the impossible then.
I feel however that, based on intuition, I would expect this behaviour. In
this case for example, as I am expecting a list inside the loop which
produces output that might exceed space for presentation. While I am sure
that it can be done via Perl, it would be nice to have the more behaviour for
the loop list in interchange in order to avoid "code-clutter" etc. and also
to achieve more "consistency" for the behaviour of the tag.
Or, approaching the problem from a different starting point: Being a newbie,
the TIMTOWDI of Interchange can be comfortable, but it seems dangerous as it
will not only allow but even point you towards inefficient code. I.e. looking
at the Advanced Tutorial and the optimization of lists, you can write code
that will look much cleaner using the [data mytable mycolumn thekey] tag
which, as it is pointed out, however would have a serious "negative benefit"
on performance. But then again, I suppose that this would be a different
topic.
Again, cheers for the excellent help,

Tim