[ic] DbSearch returns wrong results

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 22 12:27:00 2002

"Alexander Fedorenko" <maint@intercollab.net> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I try to find in 'products' database using standard 'searc_box_small'
> component.
>
> But results.html returns wrong results.
>
> Also, when I entered SKU that contains all digits, it shows message
> "Sorry, no matches for " .
>
> What is the purpose of first "mv_searchspec" value that equals every
> time to "1" ?

Probably it is worth to replace the no-match section on the results
page with the one from the IC development branch:

[no-match]
<BR><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
[comment]
	Don't show the search string if it was empty, since it looks weird
	and the user will see the error below anyway.
[/comment]
[tmp matchstring][value-extended name=mv_searchspec joiner=" | "][/tmp]
[if scratch matchstring]
Sorry, no matches for <B>[scratch matchstring]</B>.
[/if]
[if value mv_search_error]
<P>
<B>
Errors:
<BR>
[value-extended name=mv_search_error joiner="<BR>"]
</B>
[/if]

<BR><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
[/no-match]

Ciao
        Racke

--
Think of it !

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices