[ic] Sales tax in Canada : Solution .

John Beima interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 22 19:15:01 2002

G'Day,

If you search the list archives for European VAT, you will find your answer...

Or all you have to do is look at the default state.txt taht comes with
Interchange. It has an example of how to do it with actually data being under
Alberta. Now we know Alberta doesn't have PST, but it is there as an example.

In a nut shell you put two entries in this file for each province. One for the
PST and one for the GST. Then Interchange does the tax automaticly...

Again this is included in the default state.txt file that is INCLUDED with the
foundation demo...

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6

Affordable Web Pages - Phone: (888)932-9990 - Fax: (256)351-7297
2713B Spring Place SW, Decatur, Alabama, United States, 35603