[ic] Korksoft?

JT Justman interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 02:06:01 2002

Hello, folks. I'm in a troubling spot. I have my IC site hosted with
Korksoft. They seemed to do well enough with getting my account set up, and
their server seemed stable (if a bit slow at times). Then I asked for help
with a mysterious problem with my .htaccess files (incidental), to which I
recieved one "we'll look into it" and then nothing, despite an e-mail every
two days for a month. In any case, two weeks after my target launch date I
just developed an (unsatisfactory) workaround. I never got a response.

So the service since then has been stable, although not quite the promised
99.9% uptime most weeks. I have had about an hours worth of downtime a week
.. that I know of. This Friday, just as I hit Google and some ads went live,
it went down, and hadn't come back up ten hours later. It was at this point
that I used their 24-hour pager, and sent an e-mail. The next morning I
repeated the process.

The site is still down, and I am stuck. I'm interested to find if anyone has
had similar experiences, or if I simply rubbed someone the wrong way. I
really don't have time to change servers (I don't even have time durring
business hours to call them in person) but this won't work!

Thoughts anybody?

JT