[ic] Detect SSL or Non-SSL

Thu Apr 25 00:17:42 2002

At 07:50 PM 4/24/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Using IC tags is there a way to detect if the page has been served in
>SSL or non-ssl mode?  With javascript you can do:
>
>if (document.location.protocol == "http:")
>
>But I would like to avoid using javascript if possible.  Thanks!
>
>-Ron

If you use my [env] usertag (search the archives for the source code if you
do not already have it in VENDROOT/usertag), you can use it to get the port
number of the http request, to whit:

[tmp server_port][env SERVER_PORT][/tmp]
[if scratch server_port == 80]
         Regular old http session
[elsif scratch server_port == 443]
         Secure http session
[/elsif]
[/if]

Unless your web server is configured in some non-standard way, this will
work, otherwise you may have to adjust the numbers a bit.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax