[ic] User Defined Tags - problem

Alma Nuker interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 20:06:00 2002

>Alma,  I'm a bit rusty in Perl, but I believe that if you use "my
>$licensestr" inside an IF, isn't the var then only local to that
>statement?  Is that the problem?  Try removing the "my".

>Otherwise, consult some perl references, as I think that's the
direction.

I tried that before but that is not problem. I still have same error
message.
 I look at the perl references and I can not see anything worng with
this statment. It is simple if statment.

Also I had a look at other tags inside /usr/lib/interchange/usertag, and
some of them use if statments and they all work without problem.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but must be something.

I  tried also to check my synatx with perl -c get_license_temporary.tag

And this is what I am getting:

Semicolon seems to be missing at get_license_temporary.tag line 9.
syntax error at get_license_temporary.tag line 10, near "UserTag get"
get_license_temporary.tag had compilation errors.

But then also runing  perl -c get_url.tag I am having similar message:

Semicolon seems to be missing at get_url.tag line 12.
syntax error at get_url.tag line 13, near "UserTag get"
get_url.tag had compilation errors

But get_url.tag is not making any problems just my own defined one.

Thanks for your help, but I am not sure what exactly is going on.

Alma