[ic] QuickBooks module

Tue Apr 30 13:01:01 2002

At 11:50 AM 04/30/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> > At 08:29 PM 4/29/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> >

> > >Does the QuickBooks module set up "Inventory Part" items in QuickBooks
> for
> > >you?
> >
> > Not that I know of, though as I said in my other reply, I have not looked
> > at what might be new in the 4.8 branch.  It does enter line items in the
> > invoice/cash sale when you import the IIF file that it makes from each new
> > online order, but those are on a per-order basis.
>
>Actually, it automatically adds the item to Quickbooks as it is ordered.
>If you have a large number of items, this is a very good thing as QuickBooks
>starts falling apart at a few thousand items.

Quite right, I stand corrected. While were are on the subject, anyone who
is interested in expanding on the Quickbooks features in Interchange will
benefit from knowing that Quicken provides sample *.iif files for download.
Just go to the quickbooks.com support page and search for 'IIF'.

For those who might be interested, I stumbled across mention of an
Intuit::Quickbase Perl module on their developer site.  Apparently it is
designed for working with Quickbase, their web-based accounting application
service. It seems that a fairly nice marriage of front-end Interchange and
back-end Quickbase could be made from this.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax