[ic] Is it possible to use the Error Tag on non checkout forms?

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 1 15:22:00 2002

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible to use the error tag on a
page that doesn't lead to a order.  Ideally, I would like to setup a
profile in etc/profile.order, or profile.search, while, it looks like I can
to it, by using a combination of mv_check and in-page [set][/set] routines,
I would really like to use a profile, instead of having to (it seems)
recreate the wheel with each form, that I need to do checking on.

example:

[if type=explicit compare="[error all=1 show_var=1 keep=1]"]
     <P>
         <B>There were errors in your last submission:<br>
         <FONT color="__CONTRAST__">
                 [error all=1 keep=1 show_error=1 show_label=1 joiner="<br>"]
     The areas you need to correct are shown in
     <FONT color="__CONTRAST__">this color</FONT> below.</B>
[/if]

<FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=return>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_profile VALUE=form_profile>
       <TR>
         <TD>
                 [error name=bride_fname std_label="First Name" required=1]
         </TD>
         <TD>
                 <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=bride_fname VALUE="[value bride_fname]">
         </TD>
         <TD>
                 [error name=bride_lname std_label="Last Name" required=1]
         </TD>
         <TD>
                 <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=bride_lname VALUE="[value bride_lname]">
         </TD>
       </TR>

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Submit">
</FORM>

etc/profile.myform
__NAME__                            form_profile
bride_fname=required
bride_lname=required
address1=required
city=required
country=required
[if value country =~ /^(US|CA)$/i]
         state=state_province
         zip=postcode
[/if]
&or phone_night=phone, phone_day=phone Must have day or evening phone number

&fatal = yes
email=required
email=email

__END__