[ic] orderline troubles

Marty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 1 15:37:02 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 11:24, Nick Spitzer wrote:
> Hey All-
>
> I never received a response on this one, and I'm still encountering
> the exact same troubles...does anyone have even any remote
> suggestions to try? It's becoming one of those awfully frustrating things
>
> :)
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> Nick
>
> At 03:24 PM 7/26/2002 -0700, Nick wrote:
> >Hey everyone,
> >
> >I've added a "tracking_number" varchar(64) field to the orderline table
> >and I want to be able
> >to edit it from admin/order_status. I've gone in and added
> >"tracking_number" to all of the
> >routines it looks necessary to in
> >/usr/local/interchange/lib/UI/pages/order_status.html, however
> >it will not stick anytime i enter the tracking number and hit 'update
> >status of line %s'
> >
> >I also edited $catalog/dbconf/mysql/orderline.mysql to reflect the changes
> >to the orderline
> >table. Does anyone else have any ideas?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Nick

Hi Nick,

Not sure if this is the right direction or not but I'll pass along what
I did in a similar situation.

I had to edit mv_metatdata and add a row for the new table field.  Until
I did that I could not get it to "stick"  Try adding a row to
mv_metadata with orderline::tracking_number as the code and then find a
similar row in mv_metatdata that does what you want and then make your
new row look similar to that.  Hope that helps.

Marty