[ic] More on One-Click searches and session id

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 1 19:13:00 2002

>> Hi... I'm very close to opening my store. I want to avoid lost sessions
>> for those who disable cookies. My questions is regarding
>> one-click searches.
>>
>> Is it wise to include
>> mv_session_id=[data session id]
>> in my search URL like this:
>>
>> <A
>> HREF="/cgi-bin/store/scan/ml=20/st=text/sf=prod_group/se=Stuff/mv_
>> searchspec=Test/mv_session_id=[data
>> session id]"Click</A>
>>
>> instead of not including it like this:
>>
>> <A
>> HREF="/cgi-bin/store/scan/ml=20/st=text/sf=prod_group/se=Stuff/mv_
>> searchspec=Test"Click</A>

> Since you appear to be doing this from an interchange page, it would be
> better to use:

> 				st=text
> 				sf=prod_group
> 				se=Stuff
> 				se=Test"]">click</a>
>
> which will generate the appropriate link, including the id.
>
> You would usually only expand it manually as you have done above if you were
> calling an ic page from a static page outside the control of ic.
>
> HTH.
>
> Jonathan
> Webmaint.

Thanks for the tip. I tried the search as you suggested, however I still
don't see the session id in the URL *unless* I add id=[data session id].
Adding that of course also works in my original "expanded" link format.
This seems to contradict what you said... any comments?

In addition, the ml=20 is ignored when I do it the way you suggest. The
ml=20 works when used in the "expanded" format... can anyone tell me
why? In case it matters, these links live in a component that I created
in the .../templates/componenets directory.

DB