[ic] what spreadsheet program in windows to use

Jarod McMillan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 2 12:59:01 2002

> we use windows xp and excel exp 2002  and its not working right. it
puts
> little squares in teh areas and interchange gives a fatal error when
>
> what spreadsheet program should we use?

If you are using windows, you might try the program UNIX2DOS.exe.

> Export the file as tab-delimitd. After that remove the carrige returns

> with the following command on your linux-box:

> tr -d '\015' < old_file.txt > new_file.txt

> Rene

Basically, it does that command on a Windows client to remove the
carriage returns. The syntax is:
(AT A DOS PROMPT)

unix2dos.exe products.txt

Then you should be able to import it into EXCEL XP if you want.

Jarod McMillan
626-581-7944
jarod@mobilepenguins.com