[ic] GnuPG Error - Please Help

Fri Aug 2 16:28:00 2002

Quoting Mark Lehman (mlehman@epix.net):
> Hello,
>
>     I sometimes get an error on an order.  When I receive the order via
> email, it doesn't have the encrypted credit card information.  I look at the
> error log only to find '...process.html PGP failed with status 4352:'  I've
> looked everywhere for information on this error, only to find nothing.  I'm
> using Interchange 4.8.5 with gnuPG for encryption, on a Solaris 8 system.
> It only happens once every couple months, with all my other orders working
> fine.

This comes up so often that we now need a script to find the system error:

########## BEGIN finderror.pl ###########
#!/usr/bin/perl

my $orig = shift;

if($orig !~ /^\d+/) {
     die "Needs a number input...\n\nusage: finderror.pl <errno>\n";
}

my $error = $orig;

if($orig > 255) {
     $error = $error >> 8;
}

$! = $error;

print "$orig = $error = $!\n";
########## END   finderror.pl ###########

> error log only to find '...process.html PGP failed with status 4352:'  I've
>
>     Thanks for your time.

bill:~% finderror.pl 4352
4352 = 17 = File exists
bill:~%

I will look at why the error is not getting printed along with the
status.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer