[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page

Bradley Caricofe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 2 20:15:02 2002

> Joachim Leidinger wrote:
> >
> > a client reported to me, he is unable to get the checkout
> > page, which is
> > secure. He has
> >
> > Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC
> > Windows 2000 SP1
> >
> > He get a "The page cannot be displayed" page.

We had a similar issue with a few different versions of IE, but I don't
think we've seen this behavior with IE 6 or later.  We found the problem to
be with apache and ssl (sorry I can't offer a better explanation than that,
it was awhile ago) and fixed it by adding this to httpd.conf for each site
that was using ssl:

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
             nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
             downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0