[ic] ic 4.8.5 - debugging help ??

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 4 18:22:01 2002

Curt Hauge wrote:
> DB of DB@M-and-D.com wrote:
>

>>IC 4.8.5/foundation on RedHat 7.1
>>
>>Some testers of my soon-to-open store have reported a "page
>>not found"
>>error when they hit the final "process order" buttton. They
>>both were
>>using IE and both were able to complete the order by
>>hitting "back" and
>>trying again. I can't get this to repeat (I dont use IE)
>>and I don't see
>>anything in the logs of ic or apache.
>>
>>Does anyone recognize this behavior?
>

> Yes, Ed LaFrance just posted some info several days ago. If you use
> openSSL this should help. I could only find this page from
> kyle@invisio.com in the archives, but its the same info just as well:
>
> http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-April/0
> 06861.html
>
> I had the same problem and (I believe) this is the cure.

I think, there are some problem with some version of IE and SSL. Some IE
version 5.0 or 6.0.2600.0000IC (a OEM version?) has a problem with SSL,
if they tries to access a secure site with a hight cert (128Bit oder
more?). In some case, Windows 2K is missing some special service
packgage for the security or need it to handle the higher ssl key right
and is showing the user a "page not found" page. It is not the same
page, which is showing by the interchange. Is is showing the same error
page, if you try to get a page for a domain, with is not available or
exist for this moment.

Formaly, there was a different distribution of IE with some keys (40, 56
or higher Bit of key) for any kind of ssl connections (US, Europe and so
on). I can confirm, that IE 6.0.2600.0000IC has a problem with some
site, who is using a cert with a higher Bit than 40 or 56 (1024?) for
the ssl key. But it works with IE 6.0.2600.000 (this version is not the
same like 6.0.2600.0000IC...notice "IC" at the end.). And it seems to
me, some IE with version 5.0 has the same problem.

It seems to me, some IE with some version of 5 some of 6 has a problem
to create or to get a secure SSL connections with another secure site,
which has a higher key or so. I dont know, that this happens only with
the cert of thawte or with all the cert and openssl.

Today, I have gotten an e-mail from an user, who was not able to get the
checkout page, which is set secure by default or by mv_secure=1 or
definid as a secure page in catalog.cfg.

I see some error message in my ssl-error.log of apache. It seems to me,
some browser has a problem to get a secure connection and apache is
reporting about that and the user of some broken (?) browser is not able
to get the checkout page and is getting the "page not found" page.

Any hints, suggestions or tips to solve it?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]