[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page - OT

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 4 19:37:01 2002

Ed LaFrance wrote:

>>> We had a similar issue with a few different versions of IE, but I don't
>>> think we've seen this behavior with IE 6 or later.  We found the
>>> problem to
>>> be with apache and ssl (sorry I can't offer a better explanation than
>>> that,
>>

>> My personal conspiracy theory is that Microsoft purposefully makes IE
>> as in-compatible as possible with all other SSL implementations except
>> its own (IIS).
> That is really not as a farfetched as it sounds - look at what they have
> done with other protocols, programming languages, etc. MS's
> interpretation of 'standards' has always been somewhat self-serving.

I can follow you. But what should I tell to my client, who is paying me
for my life? Most visitor, who is visiting the IC shop/catalog with IE
and some IE version are not able to go into the checkout page and they
get the "page not found" page.

My client is crying something else like "Your E-Commerce solutions is
not working ..." or " ...we have lost our big purchaser/taker ..." and
so on. It seems to me, we have a problem with that kind of problem
outside of interchange. I've no right idea to handle right with that
kind of problem.

Any comments?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]