[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 5 08:45:02 2002

DB wrote:
> It's not just Win2000
>
> As I mentioned, I saw this for myself on a fresh install of Win98
> updated to IE6.0.2600.0000. My brother got the same error under WinME
> also with the latest IE. Both of us were able to complete the order
> after using the Back button and tryng again.
>
> I asked my brother to try and reproduce this behavior but he could not..
> subsequent orders went thru without problem (maybe a cookies involved?)
> I saw nothing odd in the IC or apache logs. I will clear all the logs
> and try to repeat it myself tonight.
>
> I'm running ic 4.8.5 on RedHat 7.1, Apache 1.3.26
>
> I did see this a few times in my httpd/error_log but the time did not
> seem to be when the error occured.
>
> [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake interrupted by system [Hint: Stop button
> pressed in browser?!] (System error follows)
>
> Joachim Leidinger reported seeing this as well in an earlier post. And I
> like him am very willing to provide any info to help solve this one.
> More data to come...

I've another report from my client. Another user use IE 5.01 and he has
the same problem to get the basket. I will ask him for more information
today.

I've found

http://www.google.de/search?q=cache:T8je_Z0dUdAC:www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/archive/default.asp+IE+5.0+SSL+problem&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

with

-------- snip --------
  Internet Explorer Schannel.dll Update, December 1999
The version of Internet Explorer 5.01 that is released on the Web
contains an incorrect internal key in the Schannel.dll file. This may
cause programs and services on your computer that use Secure Socket
Layer (SSL) or Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) to no longer
function. Installing this update will eliminate this problem by
providing you with a corrected Schannel.dll file. NOTE: If you have
installed high (128-bit) encryption on your computer, you do not need to
install this update.

In

http://www.google.de/search?q=cache:40yMooRMzX4C:www.littletoncoin.com/retail/products.nsf/prbfrm%3FOpenForm+IE+6.0+SSL+problem&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

I read