[ic] install (3)

Jon Jensen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 6 15:41:01 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Ryan Holowaychuk - KCP wrote:

> I have tried to install interchange no won two different builds and I
> get the same error on both machines so now I guess I am really doing
> something weird that I can not figure out.
>
> test
> server/unixmode .......ok 1
> server/startup.........ok 2
> link/unixmode..........ok 3
> server/inetmode........ok 4
> link/inetmode..........not ok 5
> server/control.........ok 6
> 6 tests run -- 1/6 failed
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1
>

> I get this error and then it stops the install, if I go to the location
> for the install there is nothing there.  So I have to be doing something
> really strange here.  What is the min space that is required?? I have
> 60% used on the drive so there should be a lot of space still!!!

You're not doing anything weird. The INET test is failing. When tests
fail, the install doesn't happen, thus your files don't get copied. Try
doing 'make install' and getting on with life, ignoring the failed test.
It usually happens when some other service, like another Interchange
daemon, is already running on the machine. There may be other reasons, and
it may be a real failure, but just use UNIX mode sockets and get on with
life until someday when you actually need INET sockets.

Jon