[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page

Wed Aug 7 11:18:00 2002

Quoting DB (DB@M-and-D.com):
> >> Just when I click Submit to finalize the order. And it is repeatable
> > for
> >> me. My current (non-ic) site on the same server uses a simple SSL form
> >> and I've never had a complaint. Can you try a test order on my site
> >> using credit card 4111 1111 1111 1111
> >>
> >> http://m-and-d.com/cgi-bin/MDS/index.html
> >>
> >> DB
> >>

> > I ran a test transaction on your site. Running XP and IE
> > 6.0.2600.0000.xpclnt_qfe.010827-1803  128bit
> >
> > The first time I hit submit I get page can not be displayed. I hit the
> > back button on the browser and hit submit and it goes through with out
> > error.
> >
> > Not sure what going on. But maybe this helps.
> >
> > I am using the same machine I test all our sites on and do not remember
> > ever having this problem.
> >
> > Not sure if you have already mentioned this but is there anything in the
> > logs of Interchange (catalog & server) and apache?
> >
> > Rick
>
> I see nothing odd in either the interchange error log or the catalog's
> error log. I do see a few mod_ssl errors in my httpd error log, but none
> at the time you were testing (9:17 .. is that correct?)
>
> Could this be a result of my installing 4.8.5 over an earlier 4.8
> version? Should I try a clean install of 4.8.5 ?
>
> I apppreciate everyone's help.... my site is ready for launch but I
> can't do it until I figure this out. Here are soem of the mod_ssl errors
> from my apache log:

If you haven't figured it out by now, IC has nothing to do with the
error. Any similar size page connected to a CGI would have a problem.

I would suggest changing link programs to mod_interchange or tlink.pl
as a try.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill