[ic] anchors in area tags

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 7 14:09:00 2002

> I'm sorry but you are BOTH wrong.  Sheesh.  Everybody knows that an anchor
> is a heavy object attached to a vessel by a cable or rope and cast
> overboard to keep the vessel in place either by its weight or by its
> flukes, which grip the bottom. ;-)

In England, Anchor is also a brand of butter.  We have found, through
bitter and sometimes tragic experience, that throwing this brand of
butter overboard will not hold a ship steady with any measure of
reliability.

Although it's long been assumed that many other brands of butter are
likely to display this same characteristic, the funds required to
properly research this important subject have proved difficult to
obtain.