[ic] Free Shipping + Handling on certain items

Nathan Johnson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 7 16:34:01 2002

I am wondering how I could set up free shipping and handling on certain
items?  Is there any way to define a special shipping method per SKU in
the products table?  Or is there a way to define a shipping method per
country that returns a price based on the SKU?  I searched the mailing
list archives, and I noticed one message that recommended a solution to
a problem somewhat similar to mine.  It suggested that I put a flat_ship
column on the products table and include the shipping cost in that
field.  The problem is, on items where shipping is not free, shipping
and handling changes as the number of items increase.  I can not get by
with simply specifying a shipping charge.  Any thoughts?  I'm using the
foundation demo and Interchange 4.8.3

Thank you
Nathan Johnson