[ic] Setting up Oracle database for InterChange

Jeff Gill interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 7 19:22:01 2002

Environment
RedHat 7.3
Oracle Release 1 (9.0.1) 9iRAC
InterChange 4.8

I am looking for hints/documentation on setting up Oracle for InterChange
with the sample foundation database.  I have searched the
interchange.redhat.com and the Internet for faqs and docs but I could not
find anything.  With a postgres database the makecat script does everything
(table creation, index creation, and populating db with foundation data) for
you after you a create a database and a user with privileges.  I am trying
to figure what preconfiguration i.e data tablespaces and index tablespaces
need to be preallocated (shared disk storage - for logical volume creation)
created before installing Oracle and creating an initial database.   I don't
know if makecat will do everything required or not? Has anyone successfully
created an Oracle 9i RAC with InterChange?  Your insights will be sincerely
appreciated.

Please reply back to this email account zzjg1@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
Jeff