[ic] IE and SSL

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 7 21:22:01 2002

I've found the recent thread on IE6 and SSL frustrating because there
was so little correlation between logs and known events.

Nor have we seen this issue on our apache + mod_interchange + mod_ssl.

HOWEVER, we have just today received similar reports from a client
that we've had set up for 5 years or so on Roxen with perl tlink.

> SSL.packet->recv: received version 3.1 packet
> SSL.connection->handle_handshake: Version 3.1 hello detected
> SSL.handshake: Newer version detected in key exchange message.
> /bin/date: write error: Broken pipe

This does not use openssl, but pike-crypto.

At any rate, we'll be able to duplicate this and get some good
debugging and good data points.