[ic] Browser Incompatibility

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 8 20:14:00 2002

Bradley Caricofe wrote:

>>It has been brought to me attention that the site we have in development
>>looks pretty good in IE 5.5, 6.0 and NS 7 but with Netscape 4.7x, there
>>are several locations where the contents of tables, some being
>>controlled by CSS, are not rendering.
>>
>>An example is this row which is not rendering:

>>and this row which does:

>>                    &nbsp;Attenuator
>>
>>I tried the obvious relocating of the class statement from the TR to the
>>RD but it did not alter the results...
>>
>>Anyone else seen this and determined a work-around?  Upgrading NS 4.7x
>>isn't an option until the Fall...
>>

>Some good info here on 4.x workarounds.  I think I've seen an average of
>around 3-4% of our sites visitors using NN 4 products.  I can't wait for the
>day that NN 4.x isn't an issue when creating a site.
>
>http://www.mako4css.com/Issues.htm

Thanks Brad for the reference.

Actually, what I did find were mismatched table tags when I ran a lint
on the output generated by IC, so I just need to find out whether I
screwed up the tag alignment or if it was an original problem that I
probably compounded.  Oldly enough, correcting one of the obvious
misalignments allowed the table to appear but the CSS is still being
ignored.

Yes, I would love to see 4.7 go, but 7.0 just recently made a debute and
6.0 was terrible, so we haven't had time to schedule the upgrade...

What might be a great 'enhancement feature' is to have a built in IC
Lint that could be enabled since bits and pieces of the total table
construction are sprawled across numerous files, it might help catch
this stuff earlier in the site development process...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028