[ic] Apply Changes

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Aug 10 16:18:01 2002

At 03:55 PM 8/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>So in other words, if I make a modification to the catalog.cfg file
>I do not have to restart interchange... or is it that the apply changes
>button allows me to restart interchange (per say) for the cart of the admin
>UI that im in?
>

>Matt.

You are correct in saying that if you make changes to catalog.cfg and/or
the variable table, Apply Changes will activate them; a restart of the IC
server is not needed. In general, 'Apply Changes' is effective for any
configuration modifications at the catalog level, including catalog-level
usertags. For server-level changes, like globalsubs, global usertags, core
code mods, etc, you are looking at a restart, unless there is some kind of
server reconfigure that can be done on the fly that I am not aware of. New
catalogs can be added on the fly, but I don't have that command at my
fingertips right now.

- Ed L.