[ic] Item_edit problem with a moved catalog

Alexander J. McKenna interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 12 13:48:01 2002

Hello Everyone,

Over the weekend i moved interchange to a new server, was 4.8.1, now is
4.8.5, Mysql database, everything seems to be working except one thing:

The Item_edit page on the old server had no upload buttons for the image
and thumb, (and no thumb field at all). I Hoped that installint 4.8.5
would fix that, but no.

I created a test catalog on the new server, based on foundation, with
the tools data, and the item_edit page there has both fields, item and
thumb, and Browse buttons to the right, just what i am trying to get.

Then I created a catalog with the same name on the new server, tested it
and it worked. Then i used mysqlfront, a marvelous piece of windows
freeware to transfer the mysql database, and tarred the web directory
and /catalog dir, ftp'd them to the new server, untarred and moved into
the correct places. Edited the interchange.cfg to point to the location
of the catalog files. restarted interchange.

Catalog comes up fine, all the items, orders, prices, etc are there. But
the Item_edit is the same old one! No Thumb box, no browse buttons.

Clearly i brought this over with me when i moved something, but i cannot
figure out what i need to do to fix it.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex
interchange@alexmckenna.com