[ic] newbie needs help displaying variable

David Millet interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 12 15:40:01 2002

Hey all,

=09I was wondering if I could get some further help with this.  When user=
s=20
perform a scan search, I need to display the mv_search_field and the=20
mv_searchspec values on the results.html page.  Somebody was kind enough =
to=20
help me with this:

> The search specification can be found in [data session last_search].

=09I need to then extract the individual variables and their values from =
the=20
string it returns, which I assume the following is supposed to do:

> The following should give you a space-separated list of search fields:
>
>     [calc]
>         my @fields;
>         foreach (split('/',$Session->{last_search})){
>             /^(.+?)\s*=3D\s*(.+)$/;
>             next unless $1 eq 'sf';
>             push(@fields,$2);
>         }
>         join(' ',@fields);
>     [/calc]

=09But it doesn't work!  It would be easy to debug if I only knew perl, b=
ut i'm=20
a PHP guy and I can't make heads or tails of perl (yet).  Any chance I co=
uld=20
get some further help on this?

Thanx in advance,
David Millet