[ic] newbie editing foundation help plz

David Millet interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 12 17:38:01 2002

Hey all,

        I was wondering if I could get some further help with this.  When=
=20
users perform a scan search, I need to display the mv_search_field and th=
e=20
mv_searchspec values on the results.html page.  Somebody was kind enough =
to=20
help me with this:

> The search specification can be found in [data session last_search].

        I need to then extract the individual variables and their values =
from=20
the string it returns, which I assume the following is supposed to do:

> The following should give you a space-separated list of search fields:
>
>     [calc]
>         my @fields;
>         foreach (split('/',$Session->{last_search})){
>             /^(.+?)\s*=3D\s*(.+)$/;
>             next unless $1 eq 'sf';
>             push(@fields,$2);
>         }
>         join(' ',@fields);
>     [/calc]

        But it doesn't work!  It would be easy to debug if I only knew pe=
rl,=20
but i'm a PHP guy and I can't make heads or tails of perl (yet).  Any cha=
nce=20
I could get some further help on this?

Thanx in advance,
David Millet