[ic] New Site

Bill Banks interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 13 11:28:01 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org]On Behalf Of Marty
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 11:12 AM
To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Subject: Re: [ic] New Site

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 07:00, Bill Banks wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new here and I'm new to interchange. I am a small ISP in Central MA.
> I've been fooling around with interchange and it looks like a really good
> ecommerce solution, but I have a couple of questions:
> When I go to make a new catalog from the foundation, it copies some
> databases; for example: some customers and some products are in the
system,
> is there a way that I can wipe out this data so that I can start a new
site?
> Also, I do virtual domain hosting, but I can not seem to get the system on
> any other domains other than the main domain of the computer.
> Thank you for your help..........Bill

Hi Bill,

When you run makecat you should be given the option of installing test
data.  Just answer no to that question and you'll end up with a skeleton
install.  Another way is (assuming you are using an sql database) is to
just delete from the tables, all data you do not want.  something like

delete from userdb
delete from products
delete from options
delete from transactions
delete from orderline
delete from merchandising
delete from area
delete from cat
delete from pricing
delete from affiliate
delete from inventory

I may have missed a few tables, but that gives you an idea.  You
probably want to keep country and state.
--
Marty Tennison	 	The Sediva Company

 Bill