[ic] setting item price by radio selection

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 13 13:18:00 2002

Jim Toro wrote:

>I have a customer with a big database which has several fields like
>pricedesc1, price1, pricedesc2, price2, pricedesc3, price3  which are
>descriptions of the SKU depending on the size you select. So for sku
>001 there are three possible variants (3 pricedescs and 3 prices).
>There is no true "price" field, rather 3 price fields for each item.
>
>What I want to do is to get the price of the item from either of the three
>once they select it with a radio button.
>
>I got all the html/IC stuff done so it displays the fields, sets up the
>radio buttons and shows the descs and prices but once they click a radio
>button and hit the BUY button I cant figure out how to set the items price
>from the value stored by the radio click.
>
>Here is the snippet of the radio selections of the items possible
>size/type choices:
>
>[if-item-field pricetext1]
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
>size="2">[item-field pricetext1]</td>
><input type="radio" CHECKED value="[item-field price1]"
>name="selectprice">[item-field price1]
>[/if-item-field]
>
>[if-item-field pricetext2]
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
>size="2">[item-field pricetext2] </td>
><input type="radio" value="[item-field price2]"
>name="selectprice">[item-field price2]
>[/if-item-field]
>
>[if-item-field pricetext3]
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
>size="2">[item-field pricetext3]
><input type="radio" value="[item-field price3]"
>name="selectprice">[item-field price3]</font></td>
>[/if-item-field]
>
>The buy stuff is on the screen and when they click it does take them
>to the cart page with everything set but the price.
>
>How do I get the "selectprice" to end up as the item price in the shopping
>cart?.
>
>I fiddled with commonadjust but I dont think it works with this sort of
>price manipulation.

There are greater IC minds here than myself, but if I were taking a wack
at this I would probably do the above as embedded Perl and based on
which price did exist, push out the HTML and move that price value into
the item's price...

Barry