[ic] Hosting for IC.

John Watts interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 13 18:00:01 2002

--- Bill Banks <office@ourweb.net> wrote:
> We are a small hosting company that is getting into
> the IC hosting area. We
> need some help setting our  pricing for IC hosting.
> We are thing about $25
> to $75 per month. We would like to hear feedback
> from you.

I was paying $20.00 per month with Korksoft and and
even less with a previous hosting company it was FAR
too much for the service I got at those places.  My
site never ran proberly at either host, and they were
unwilling and/or unable to fix the problems.  I have
switched to NewMedia EMS at $65.00 per month and
consider it the best money I have ever spent on web
hosting and quite a bargain.  What makes the
difference is the service you give for what you
charge.  Interchange requires a knowledgable and
service oriented host who can help their customers
keep the site running properly and trouble shoot
problems effectively and in a timely manner.  Without
that level of service and software knowledge you could
charge $5.00 per month and it would be too much.

=====
Regards,
John Watts, Coast to Coast Music
 http://coast2coastmusic.com