[ic] setting item price by radio selection

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 13 23:58:01 2002

> I have a customer with a big database which has several fields like
> pricedesc1, price1, pricedesc2, price2, pricedesc3, price3  which are
> descriptions of the SKU depending on the size you select. So for sku
> 001 there are three possible variants (3 pricedescs and 3 prices).
> There is no true "price" field, rather 3 price fields for each item.
>
> What I want to do is to get the price of the item from either of the three
> once they select it with a radio button.
>
> I got all the html/IC stuff done so it displays the fields, sets up the
> radio buttons and shows the descs and prices but once they click a radio
> button and hit the BUY button I cant figure out how to set the items price
> from the value stored by the radio click.
>
> Here is the snippet of the radio selections of the items possible
> size/type choices:
>
> [if-item-field pricetext1]
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> size="2">[item-field pricetext1]</td>
> <input type="radio" CHECKED value="[item-field price1]"
> name="selectprice">[item-field price1]
> [/if-item-field]
>
> [if-item-field pricetext2]
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> size="2">[item-field pricetext2] </td>
> <input type="radio" value="[item-field price2]"
> name="selectprice">[item-field price2]
> [/if-item-field]
>
> [if-item-field pricetext3]
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> size="2">[item-field pricetext3]
> <input type="radio" value="[item-field price3]"
> name="selectprice">[item-field price3]</font></td>
> [/if-item-field]
>
> The buy stuff is on the screen and when they click it does take them
> to the cart page with everything set but the price.
>
> How do I get the "selectprice" to end up as the item price in the shopping
> cart?.
>
> I fiddled with commonadjust but I dont think it works with this sort of
> price manipulation.
>
> Any ideas?.

Hi Jim

I am a novice as well, and can't help you with this, but have you looked
into item options? If that won't work you can possibly use a custom OnFly
routine.

I had something similar done, but highly specific for my products. It was
way over my head so I hired a consultant for this. Among all the well
qualified consultants, I have worked with Ed Lafrance, Mike Heins and Kevin
Walsh.

Kevin was the consultant who helped me with getting an OnFly to do what we
wanted. OnFly from what I understand is a way to override how IC "looks at"
your specific products at time of selection, and with gathered info selects
the correct price and other properties for it.

As I said,I am the last guy that can help you, but I do know Kevin is
familiar with OnFly routines. OnFly is not *really well documented, but
there is info in the docs, and also Kevins site.

HTH

Paul

BTW, it may have worked out well for us becuase we have only a *few sets of
prices that span across many items, each with only one entry in the products
table. However OnFly is pretty extensible.