[ic] Wierdness when using [sql-param] values in subsequent [query] tag

Andrew McBeath interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 14 01:01:01 2002

Andrew McBeath wrote:

> Can someone shed light on this problem for me?
>
> I'm wanting to run an SQL statement with values obtained from a previous
> query.
> Working backwards from the obvious: ...WHERE code='[sql-param sku]'...
> which didnt work (when nested), I ended up with the following:

Talking to Kevin Walsh on IRC, (<plug> irc.cursor.biz, #interchange</plug>)
he pointed out that "interpolate=yes" was where I had gone wrong.
It evaluates the embedded tags first as opposed to actually in the loop.
The answer: remove the 'interpolate=yes' and the world is a happy place
again. :-)

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew McBeath
System Admin / Senior Developer

-------
By ourselves we are nothing; together we are life itself. - William Horwood

-------