[ic] Re: [mv] Sales Tax

Wed Aug 14 10:26:00 2002

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke@linuxia.de):
> Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com> writes:
>

> [...]
>

> > In catalog.cfg, automatically load a category into the shopping cart:
> >
> >     Automodifier  tax_criteria
> >
> > (You can also locate it outboard in another_table with
> > another_table:tax_criteria.)
> >
> > products database:
> >
> >     add field "tax_criteria" and put "food" or "goods" in each item.
> >
> > shipping.asc: (Change the vertical bar | to TAB in the actual entry)
> >
> > VAT1|VAT for food|[subtotal noformat=1]|0|9999999|x .055||limit=tax_criteria, filter=food
> > VAT2|VAT for nonfood|[subtotal noformat=1]|0|9999999|x .196||limit=tax_criteria, filter=goods
> >

> Is there a way to directly use the modifier as factor ? In my case
> the database field "salestax" already contains 0.16 or 0.07.

Only by means of custom routine. Obviously you would be quite capable
of doing that. 8-)

I would think the SalesTax/multi would be a better choice, with a
tax_category and the tax rates kept in the country table.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock