[ic] Interchange Site Examples on the Web...

TGroup interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 14 20:54:01 2002

Way back when, IC aka minivend use to have tags for frames. They have since
then abandoned said tags. To use frames use the standard method of frames
and all should still work correctly as long as you don't abandon your
session
As far as sites using framesI know of anysites that use them, nor do I favor
their use
Good Luck
Scott

Thank you, Scott.  When using Interchange within a hosted CPanel
environment, it seems frames is the only way I can solve a
multi-sub-category design problem.  I built a framed site, hand coded each
category link from the index page, and each of the framed pages, but the
basket kept dropping items during a session.
=====================
There was a a Minivend user who ran a Seafood and Emu meat business that
was framed with an affiliate store, but I do not see them listed any
longer...  Perhaps if they still have their ears on this list, they
could chime in...

Barry
--
Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

Thank you Barry.  I'll keep on the lookout.
======================
"TGroup" <tgroup77@swbell.net> writes:

> Hello Interchangers -
> Does anyone know of an Interchange site(s) on the web successfully using
> frames?  If so, please post the URL (s).  Best 2 U,
> TGroup

http://www.passionshop.com/nasty-palace

Ciao
        Racke

Thank you Racke.  I wasn't able to learn very much by the design of the
suggested site, but it was fun exploring to see what Intercourse, oops, I
mean Interchange ideas I could get.  The webmaster seems to have done
nothing more than insert urls leading to Interchange within the frameset,
and each of the framed pages.  No hint whatsoever of template/region use.
Checking for consistency, it seems the session IDs stayed intact, but I
didn't go so far as placing an order.  :-)

I did find one framed site at the Interchange Hall of Fame
(http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/hall.html) called INTOS ELECTRONIC
AG:  http://www.intos.de/cgi-bin/ieos/index_1.html?id=K4Wbxiua .  I'm
examining the source code of that site to see what I can learn from it.  No
sign of templates in this one (at least I can't see them), but an difficult
frameset in Danish.

Thank you all.
Best 2 U,
TGroup