[ic] Multiple Page Product Descriptions

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 15 14:09:01 2002

> It appears to me that there may be a couple of different ways to provide
> "more information" about a product on a second page of info.
>
> I am wondering what the experience of this group has been related to the
> best strategy for providing more "in-depth" product information than I
> would normally want to include on the regular summary page.  I would like
> to keep the shopper in the Interchange environment with all of the
> Interchange shopping options as they continue on their way.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christopher

Hi Chris

I have implemented a secondary page that is a different template with only
"back" navigation.

However I think a good solution would be to have your product page and maybe
have tabs like "general" and "specs". General would be the default page.
Clicking on Specs would simply activate (reload) a flypage of "other"
information. This can all be done easily, I suggest you look into maybe
making your page views (general, specs, etc) into 'includes', then clicking
a "tab" would just call a different include.

Infact, this is such a clean way, I think I am going to change all my pages
:)

Paul