[ic] Problem with affiliate program

Dan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 16 14:55:01 2002

Hi,

I am having a problem with the Affiliate program. We set S&H based on
affiliate status. Those people who come to our website through an
affiliate should get free shipping and those that don't pay for it.

Recently, I have had two customers come to us via the google ad-words
program and have been charged shipping. In addition, those orders were
not credited to the affiliate. This causes a problem on several counts
since the affiliate pays for the link and we have to send a refund check
to the customer.

The URL that they are linked in through is:
http://www.purebio.com/cbin/purebio?mv_pc=0101cws

We are using version 4.8.5

The one customer that I spoke with was using IE 5.5 and when we walked
through the order process a second time was not charged S&H. The only
commonality i can see is that both customers have AOL email addresses.
We have had several customers successfully credited to the affiliate
even with AOL addresses so it may just be coincedence.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I did attempt to search the
archives but am getting a 500 server error and I didn't find any
references to this problem in my local archives of ICDEV.

Thank you.

Dan