[ic] The Interchange server goes down every 2-3 days

Sat Aug 17 19:22:01 2002

Quoting verbalex (verbalex@verbalextracts.com):
> Every 2-3 days my interchange server will go down making the site
> unavailable to viewers. Once I restart, it's up and running fine again. What
> I'd like to know is if there is any way that the Interchange sever could
> stay up and running for longer periods of time than this and I'm also
> curious if anyone knows why this is happening so often.

It should not happen. I routinely run Interchange for months on
end.

In addition, there is about zero way anyone could help you from the
information you have given. You have said nothing in description
of your system.

Interchange is as stable as the environment you provide for it.
It should never go down in normal operation.

Then there is FreeBSD.....if you are running on that who the heck
knows what is going on, but I could believe it dies every couple
of days on that. Of course no one can know.....

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Function in chaos, finish in style. -- Unknown