[ic] Random search results

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 18 09:45:01 2002

Steve wrote:

> I am just setting up a store for the first time.  I have my files in and
> the pages look OK so far.  The problem is when I do a SEARCH sometimes
> all the results don't come back.  For example if I SEARCH on Booklets I
> get all 72.  If I SEARCH on Books I only get 7 out of the 13.  If I
> SEARCH on a keyword, I don't get all the titles containing it.  I
> couldn't find one item no matter what I put in the SEARCH.  It said NOT
> FOUND  When I added the item in as a new item, then the SEARCH found it
> but still didn't find the old listing which I hadn't deleted from the
> table.  The two table entries looked the same (except for the SKU which
> I changed so I could see which was found).

I had the exact same thing happen to me.  It was very odd.
By any chance did you add the products via the database
directly ?  I have MySQL and used MySQLTool to edit the
area, category, product, and options tables.  For those products
that I added via MySQLTool I wasn't able to search them.
If I add items via the IC Admin UI then no problem.
Unfortunately I can't explain why this is happening.

Jon