[ic] MailOrdersTo & interchange not available

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 19 10:08:01 2002

> I had two problems which others have found before many times apparently.
>
> I got the "MailOrdersTo" error message when I tried to own the catalogs by
> a different user to that running interchange.  When I made them one and
> the same the error went away.
>
> I got the interchange not available error message when I created a catalog
> for UNIX access.  When I created the catalog for INET access on localhost
> port 7786 (the defaults) it all worked.
>
> Does anyone know of a bug here?

Any "bug" will be found in your file, directory, UNIX-socket or cgi-bin
(vlink executable) permissions.

If you need separate user IDs then add the Interchange user to the
appropriate user group(s) and set/check file permissions accordingly.