[ic] page unavailable - when clicking checkout.

Steve Graham interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 19 14:01:00 2002

>From: "Barry Treahy, Jr." <Treahy@MMaz.com>
>
>Steve Graham wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a customer using AOL, and they tried placing an order on a
>>IC 4.8.5 based foundation catalog. They have IE 5.0 browser, and Netscape
>>4.5 browsers as a test.
>>They add and item to the cart, and click on check-out which proceeds to
>>the secure pages, and they get page unavailable.
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>I do not know if this is related at all, but we installed HTTP AV proxies
>and have found that in many sites, it messes with the content to the point
>that the transactions are lost, much like what you are referring too...
>
>Can one presume that any proxy, caching, AV, content filtering, is going to
>potentially create these types of problems?  If so, are there general
>'work-arounds' that IC could utlitize?
>
>Barry
>

>From what I can tell it is only happening when they switch to the secure web
site, and not when they are crusing the non-secure website. They can fill
the shopping cart, and all looks well until switching to the secure site.
Now, we use the same web server for both secure, and non-secure
transactions, so ideally it shouldn't loose the session, but I think this
may be the issue.

-Steve