[ic] cant stop passing cgi values when i want to

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 20 15:30:01 2002

Hi all,

I have written some pages for user manipulation of a table of
data (not products table).  basically, there is a page for
"creation" of a new record-using the autonumber file for the
"code" field, then a "lookup" page that allows results from
searching various fields, then a "view" page that will display
the table record and allow updating of that record as well.

everything works great except... when you view a record,
then update some part of it (I guess the 'code' field is really
'set' then) then if you go to create a new record without
closing your browser, the entry that you just viewed is still
displayed.

in order to allow immediate changes to the record, and
viewing from a loop search, the only way I could get it
to work was to use [cgi code] for that value in most places.
I guess I have to erase that value somehow before you
get back to the new page or on that page... I need some
direction on how I might keep this cgi value from persiting
on the "creation" page.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Aaron Hazelton