[ic] Virtual host woes?

Pat Deegan - Psychogenic interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 22 06:12:02 2002

Hello,

Dan Browning wrote:

> At 11:04 PM 8/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to get this working for a while and can't seem to
>> find any docs related to my troubles.
>

> Can you run *any* CGI scripts?  There is a test cgi script in the src/
> directory, I believe.  Keep at it, you'll get it soon, I'm sure.

Blast and blast!  Yes I can run CGI scripts - but I hadn't noticed that
they could only be owned by the account owner and group and mode 755
(not 775 or anything else),  otherwise the CGIs are simply NOT run.  So
doing a simple:

chown user:usergrp shop
chmod 755 shop

Has solved all my troubles.  duh.

Ok, this turned out not to be an interchange issue at all - but hey, at
least I know makecat inside out now ;)

Thanks,

--
Pat Deegan,