[ic] DB Connect error

Chad Michael Wittrock interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 22 15:14:01 2002

I am back to interchange after a short hiatus and decided to start with
a clean slate. I installed RH 7.3 on a machine and installed Interchange
4.8.6. I want to connect to my companies Oracle database with
interchange. I know the machine itself can connect as I have tested
that. But, when I attempt to start interchange I get the following
errors ( apoligize for the long list):

[interch@chad interch]$ /usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange -r
The Interchange server was not running
(/usr/lib/interchange/etc/interchange.pid).
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.5
Configuring catalog alumni...Using Oracle,
DSN=DBI:Oracle:myschema:myDBserver:myPort...

table 'country' failed: connect failed (create) -- Can't connect(
access_test access_test), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env
var not set at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 201

table 'gift_certs' failed: connect failed (create) -- Can't connect(
access_test access_test ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env
var not set at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 201

table 'userdb' failed: connect failed (create) -- Can't connect(
access_test access_test ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env
var not set at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 201

table 'options' failed: connect failed (create) -- ORA-06401: NETCMN:
invalid driver designator (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)

table 'affiliate' failed: connect failed (create) -- Can't connect(
access_test access_test ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env
var not set at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 201

table 'cat' failed: connect failed (create) -- Can't connect(
access_test
access_test ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set
at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 201

. . . And so on for each table.

I'm sure this is obvious, but I have not tried to connecting to a server
that is not the same machine as Interchange is running on and I am not
sure where to start.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chad Wittrock